Read 3 Customer ReviewsWrite Your Own Review
- Arrow lube needed Review by Cameron T Stewart
Quality Price Value
I want to give this five stargets, I do, but that would be inaccurate. To set the stage: I have several bows, the most powerful of which is a crossbow that shoots up to 210 fps; normally I have my students shoot 20 lb recurves. The size is great and I've always shot at it close range (25m or less). The following is where I've been disappointed (I've had it about 7 months).
1. arrow pull force. In my experience, this target grips arrows very hard, often requiring more strength to pull the arrow out than to draw the bow that shot it in there. I had unimpressive results using arrow lube. With my 30+lb recurves, compounds, and crossbows, it's still too hard to pull arrows from. Hopefully with enough shots from the 20 lb recurves will soften it eventually.
2. can blow over in the wind. this may or may not be an issue for some, but I would have liked a clear "this side up"; I wouldn't need a sign, but rope(s) that would tie around a target stand; sort of like it has for the power pad.
Anyway, running low on time; like Dave said, it's probably good for JOAD level/type shooting, but I think there are better.
(Posted on 1/23/17)
- Great target for those on a budget Review by Scott
Value Quality Price
I have had this target for about a year now. It handles my X10 out of my 45 pound bow just fine. It is thinner, so the arrows do stick out the back, but there is a power pad in the middle. I used this for outdoor season, then put in my garage and shot 6 yards away during the winter. The target is big enough to allow close range work, just move the target face around so you don't wear out any given section. I have moved back outside and shooting distance, and noticed some weak spots in the middle, but the pad at the back does it's job well. It is also light enough for me to pick up and carry (although awkwardly) across a field with less than ideal vegetation.
(Posted on 2/18/14)
- Probably not for high poundage with small diameter arrows Review by Dave
Price Value Quality
Medium diameter Carbon Ones are just sticking out the back with arrow energy of 30 foot-pounds. I would rate this target as excellent for bows under 40 pounds and perfect for most JOAD shooters.
(Posted on 3/27/13)