This position has been filledOverview
Lancaster Archery Supply is a world-leading archery distributor with a retail showroom and three e-commerce websites. Our business is growing rapidly with a reputation for extensive product selection and exceptional customer service. We launched three new web stores and moved into an 80,000sf warehouse and distribution center in 2011. Our marketing needs are maturing as we seek to meet the increased expectations of an evolving customer base.
We are now seeking a Marketing Director with a strong background in market research and analytics to enhance our competitive position and industry reputation. The Marketing Director will research, develop and implement all promotional projects while maintaining brand consistency across multiple channels.
The Marketing Director position is based out of our Leola offices in the heart of Lancaster County, PA. Lancaster is a thriving business, arts, and recreational community with urban energy and rural landscapes.
The Marketing Director will join the Lancaster Archery management team to lead existing marketing campaigns and identify fresh opportunities to support our established customer base while welcoming new archers to the sport.
The Marketing Director will report directly to the Director of e-Commerce and will oversee a marketing team that includes a graphic designer, a product specialist and a marketing assistant.
Qualified candidates must be motivated, self-starting individuals with experience managing staff and multi-faceted media campaigns.
The Marketing Director will meet the goals of the marketing department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
Research and Analytics: Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Track trends within the archery and sporting goods industry
• Monitor pop cultural trends and emerging audience segments
• Identify customer behavior and sales patterns on all Lancaster Archery sales channels
• Prepare reports showing areas of marketing opportunity and proposed client base expansion
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
• Prepare and present marketing activity reports to executive management
Budgeting and Prioritization: Ensure effective control of marketing results, taking corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
• Develop budgets for projects and marketing campaigns
• Prepare detailed timelines that prioritize resources across multiple campaigns and projects
• Negotiate aggressive co-op partnerships with manufacturers
• Contract rates for optimal LAS brand exposure on partner channels (TV, web, PPC, etc)
• Sell marketing opportunities on LAS branded channels: Website, catalog, showroom, trailer, LAS Classic, etc.
Supervise Staff: Manage and direct staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve company goals and objectives. Will hold regular staff meetings, organize project work flow and conduct annual performance reviews.
• Graphic Art Manager (produces annual print catalog and web banners)
• Product Manager (manages online product descriptions, on-site search)
• Marketing Assistant (provides product listing support as needed – photography/descriptions)
• Future: Video Editor
Brand Reinforcement: Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events by developing design standards and enforcing quality control.Design Sales and Promotions
• Use research to recommend sales campaigns and promotions appropriate to LAS customers
• Develop campaign calendar, targeting promotions by season and audience segments
Respond to all Marketing Inquiries
• Mange print, television and Internet inquiries
• Identify new and relevant channels for product and brand positioning
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
• Lead partners with Press Releases when news breaks related to Lancaster Archery Supply
• Provide frontend e-Commerce design input to the Director of e-Commerce
• Assure all product descriptions and images are accurate
• Position product online for maximum exposure and sales
• Target relevant items to defined audience segments
• Coordinate product representation online, in store and in catalog
• Work with Graphic Design Manager on house-brand package design
Produce Video Content
• Promotional Videos
• Future: Product Videos (with support of additional staff)
Manage Content for Digital Campaigns
• Email (promotional emails)
• PPC (not currently in place)
• Social (tie all campaigns to relevant social platforms)
Manage Content for Print Campaigns
• Annual Product Catalog
• Promotional Flyers
• Signage and promotional materials for Showroom, Trailer Sales and Trade Shows
• Edit company newsletter
• Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience
Two Weeks Paid Vacation
Highmark BlueCross/Blue Shield Health Insurance with $500 Deductible
$10,000 Life Insurance Policy
Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
401K Retirement Plan with up to 4% Employer Matching
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]About Lancaster Archery
Lancaster Archery Supply has been serving the archery community for over 30 years with a continuous online e-commerce presence since 1996. Our marketing team is a close-knit bunch. We work hard and laugh harder. Our offices are located in an old brick warehouse with hardwood flooring, indoor archery ranges and a fierce lunchtime ping pong league. Everybody gets a free bow at their 90-day review and staff gather weekly to shoot before happy hour.