National/World Records Broken at Lancaster Archery During National Indoor Championships
Seven potential national and world records were broken by archers competing in the 48th U.S. National Indoor Championships and 2017 JOAD National Indoor Championships Feb. 24-26 at Lancaster Archery Supply in Lancaster, Pa.
Lancaster Archery Supply hosted 340 archers from all over the East Coast for the two indoor championships. Archers across the country compete against one another in these two tournaments at various regional locations around the U.S.
Besides Lancaster, regional competitions were held Feb. 24-26 in Massachusetts, California, Georgia and Michigan. Others are scheduled in different locations through March 12. After those tournaments, national champions in all of the competition divisions will be declared.
At the Lancaster Archery Supply competition, the following archers recorded scores that are pending certification by USA Archery as new national or world records:
- Robert Mitchell’s double round score of 1144 in the Compound Masters 70+ Male division should replace the current national record of 1130 set in 2016.
- Laura Bennett Shelton’s double round score of 1119 in the Recurve Masters Female division should replace the current national record of 1100 set in 2016.
- Carol Richards’ double round score of 1021 in the Barebow Masters Female division should replace the current national record of 965 set in 2016.
- Ed Krystofosky’s double round score of 1058 in the Traditional Recurve Seniors Male division should replace the current national record of 991 set in 2015.
- Casey Kaufhold’s single round score of 582 in the Recurve Cub Female division should replace the current national record of 579 set in 2011.
- Sachiko Keane’s single round score of 589 in the Compound Cadets Female division should replace the current world record of 588 set in 2013.
- Scott Rissinger’s double round score of 1139 in the Recurve Masters Male division should set the new national record.
Lancaster Archery Supply, Inc., offers the world’s largest online and in-store selection of 3D, target, bowhunting and traditional archery equipment. The company actively supports tournament archers around the world, and hosts the annual Lancaster Archery Classic, an international competition that draws over 1,000 competitive archers to Pennsylvania each year. The Lancaster, Pa., based Pro Shop is also home to the Lancaster Archery Academy – a year-round training facility for beginner, intermediate and competition archers.